I have absolutely fallen in love with this photo of a mother and daughter by leah.
I love love love it. The more i look at it the more i fall in love with it.
It elegant. And honest. And subtle.
And it made me think of how much i adore my own mum. (And how much i really need to have some new photos taken of us together. Maybe something to think about for the new year)
So I thought I would share some of the things that I love about her. here goes:
- She loves cooking but hates deciding what to make.
- She always tries to explain the directions to different places – even when she knows I have no idea what she’s talking about (as I have no sense of direction). Often followed by the phrase “Yes, you know the place I’m talking about, you do, yes, you do….you don’t? Oh.”
- Her hair is the most amazing “mature” colour ever. It shines like silver. People always come up to her on the street and tell her how beautiful it is.
- The way she sighs just before she falls to sleep.
- How she cant help but softly sing and dance to the music that plays in the grocery store.
- How OCD she is when it comes to cleaning. God forbid anyone sit on a bed after its been made.
- How whenever the phone rings she never wants to answer it. She proclaims she doesn’t want to speak to anybody. Until, of course, she finds out who’s on the phone and then she talks for hours.
- How she loves the colour red. And loathes the colour yellow.
- How comfortable she is. She has never wished to be anywhere but where we were.
Love you mum. More than all the stars in the sky and flowers in the garden.
What do you love about your mum??